Actress, Fathia Balogun recently claimed that her ex-husband and actor, Saheed Balogun is suing her over use of his surname.
The actor has admitted that they indeed are in court but it has
nothing to do with the surname. He also released a press statement which
made it clear that he only has TWO children with his ex-wife and not
three, as people believed. Saheed Balogun made it known that he did not
father Fathia Balogun's first child.
Read his statement below;
Yesterday I was accused of lying to the press on a recent rumor that
has been circulating. I separated from my ex-wife Fathia Balogun in
2006, over 7 years ago. Since we were LEGALLY MARRIED IN COURT, we had
to LEGALLY DIVORCE IN COURT to finalize the issue. The public is welcome
to go to the Lagos High Court to verify these records. This has
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY NAME! I AM NOT ASKING OR FORCING
FATHIA TO STOP USING THE NAME BALOGUN, as it is one of the most common
Yoruba names.
Furthermore, to set the record straight, Fathia and I had TWO
children together NOT THREE. Fathia's first child is from a different
husband that she later divorced before we were married.
I never lied to anyone. Journalists presented me with a rumor that
had no basis in fact, so I simply stated that I DO NOT WANT MY PRIVATE
LIFE MADE PUBLIC. IT IS MY PRIVACY AND CONCERNS NOBODY. I decided to
stay quiet as the two parties involved in this issue are over 40 years
old, and I think we are old enough to handle this issue MATURELY instead
of turning our private matters into a public gossip debate.
I hope this issue is now clarified for the public, as I SAIDI BALOGUN
am divulging the true facts myself instead of using a MISINFORMED
publicist to do so for me. There are so many positive aspects of
Nigeria's entertainment industry, we would rather focus on negative
meaningless noise instead of these positive components.
PLEASE GIVE ME THE RESPECT OF KEEPING MY PERSONAL LIFE PRIVATE AND OUT OF THE PUBLIC EYE. I AM FOCUSING ON MY WORK. THANK YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment